Australia Awards Scholarships for Study in Australia 2025
Deadline: 30 April 2024 (annual)
Study Destination: Australia
Commencement: Course starts in 2025
Australia Awards Scholarships, formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), present opportunities for individuals from developing countries, particularly those in the Indo-Pacific region, to pursue full-time undergraduate or postgraduate studies at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Any of the Participating Australian Institutions
Level/Fields of Study:
These scholarships cover undergraduate or postgraduate programs related to the applicant’s country’s priority development areas, as listed in the participating country profiles. However, they are not available for training in fields such as flying aircraft, nuclear technology, or military training.
Number of Scholarships:
Citizens of participating countries in Asia, the Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. Refer to the complete list of participating countries.
The scholarship benefits typically include full tuition fees, return air travel, establishment allowance, contribution to living expenses, Overseas Student Health Cover, Introductory Academic Program, Pre-course English fees, etc. For a detailed list of benefits, visit the official website. The duration of the scholarships is determined by the time needed to complete the specified academic program, including any preparatory training.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum age of 18 years on 1 February of the scholarship commencement year
- Citizenship of a participating country and residing in and applying from their country of citizenship
- Not holding Australian citizenship, permanent residency in Australia, or applying for permanent residency in Australia
- Not being married to, engaged to, or a de facto of an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Not being current serving military personnel
- Meeting specific criteria established by the Program Area or the applicant’s government
- Satisfying the admission requirements of the institution where the award will be undertaken
- Meeting all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa
- Not applying for a scholarship for a course of study at a lower academic level than already achieved
- Informing the Program Area of any connection or relationship to staff employed at Program Areas or managing contractors
Refer to the Australia Awards Policy Handbook for the complete eligibility criteria.
Check the open and close dates for your country and select your country of citizenship/residency from the list of participating countries for specific eligibility information. Applications can be submitted online or by mail if online submission is not possible. The deadline is 30 April 2024, 11:59 pm AEST.
Visit the official scholarship website for detailed application guidelines and updates.
Official Scholarship Website: Australia Awards Scholarships