District Field Officer
The Zimbabwe Red Cross Society, with support from the Finnish Red Cross, is actively engaged in implementing the DG ECHO funded Integrated Strategy for Cholera Risk Elimination and Mitigation project. The project, initiated in May 2023, spans a two-year period with a focus on urban hotspots around Harare.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Planning and Implementation of Project Activities:
- Provide field-level technical support to Red Cross volunteers, staff, and external stakeholders, ensuring adherence to accepted standards and identified approaches.
- Lead the planning and execution of all field-level Integrated Strategy for Cholera Risk Elimination and Mitigation project activities, ensuring adherence to timelines and project plans.
- Ensure timely and accurate implementation, monitoring, and reporting of activities in line with ZRCS and back-donor requirements, and relevant guidelines and procedures.
- Support financial monitoring of project activities and contribute to the development of activity budgets.
- Oversee the implementation of all field-level activities and assist in the development of activity, quarterly, annual, and donor reports.
- Ensure the integration of cross-cutting themes: protection, gender and inclusion, environment/climate sustainability, and RCRC fundamental principles.
ALSO READ: Job Vacancy: Promotions Coordinator
2. Coordination with Stakeholders:
- Coordinate with field-level Government of Zimbabwe stakeholders and NGO partners involved in cholera preparedness and response activities to foster effective collaboration.
- Support the DG ECHO Project Coordinator in engaging regularly with cholera coordination platforms in Zimbabwe to update them on project activities, plans, and milestones.
- Attend and represent ZRCS at relevant Cluster and Technical meetings at the field level to ensure ZRCS is well-positioned and informed.
- Align the project with other DG ECHO funded actions in Zimbabwe, particularly those implemented by the movement.
3. Other Duties and Tasks:
- Actively work towards achieving the ZRCS Strategic Goals, with a specific focus on Cholera Preparedness.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross Fundamental Principles.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong familiarity with WASH programming and experience implementing DG ECHO funded projects, including monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and learning.
- Experience implementing cholera-focused WASH, Health, or Public Health-related programs in Zimbabwe.
- Strong familiarity with the Movement and its approaches to WASH/Cholera Preparedness is an advantage.
- An undergraduate degree in Water and Sanitation or Public Health.
- Postgraduate qualifications are a distinct advantage.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in working in a humanitarian/development organization with a focus on urban WASH or Public Health.
- Experience in working on DG ECHO funded projects.
- Strong familiarity with cholera response and preparedness in Zimbabwe.
- Project management experience, including monitoring, evaluation, narrative reporting, knowledge of financial monitoring, and reporting.
- Experience coordinating with national-level Government agencies, coordination platforms, and partner organizations.
- Strong familiarity with WASH programming in Zimbabwe.
- Strong communication skills.
- Skills in conducting training and other capacity-building activities.
- Strong time and task management skills.
- A Class 4 driver’s license is a requirement with at least two years of driving experience.
How to Apply: Email your application letter and CV to: The Secretary General Zimbabwe Red Cross Society firstname.lastname@example.org