DREAMS Program Nurse Positions (x3)
Zimbabwe Technical Assistance, Training and Education Center for Health (Zim-TTECH)
Job Title: DREAMS Program Nurse
Locations: Seke, Bubi, and Lupane
Deadline: 11 January 2024
About Us: Zim-TTECH is actively seeking highly qualified and experienced individuals to join our team as DREAMS Program Nurses for the DREAMS program in Seke, Bubi, and Lupane. Our organization focuses on health system strengthening, epidemiology, strategic information strengthening, health workforce development, operations research, and evaluation, as well as the prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases.
Position Summary: As a DREAMS Program Nurse, you will be responsible for providing quality adolescent and youth-friendly clinical services at health facilities and outreaches. Working closely with the Ministry of Health and Childcare, you will report to the Clinical Services and Mentorship Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivering Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health (ASRG)-friendly and HIV Prevention clinical services.
- Maintaining a clinical services footprint through active screening and providing services to partners of AGYW at the community level.
- Screening and enrolling AGYWs, including pregnant and young mothers.
- Providing adolescent health literacy for informed decision-making.
- Referring AGYWs for subsequent interventions by DREAMS IPs.
- Keeping detailed village-level data for data-driven clinical services provision.
- Utilizing MoHCC and DREAMS-specific data-capturing tools.
- Assisting in training and other activities supported by Zim-TTECH and/or MoHCC.
- Advocating for a conducive environment for patient care and provider development.
- Identifying gaps at health facilities to inform the development of youth-friendly clinics.
- Attending health facility and community meetings.
- Preparing and submitting monthly progress reports.
Qualifications and Experience:
- General Nurse registered with the Zimbabwe Nurses Council.
- Valid Rapid HIV testing certificate (LIVES training is an added advantage).
- At least one year of experience with primary health care, especially antenatal care service provision and/or contraceptive services.
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, and certified copies of certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply to only one district of your choice.
Join us in making a difference in the lives of adolescents and young women through the DREAMS program!