Electrician Position At PG Timbers
Role and Responsibilities:
• Ensure all work is conducted safely, adhering to SHE standards.
• Work towards and achieve set availability targets.
• Review maintenance plans for production machines, compile information in a centralized database, and update documentation related to the maintenance management system.
• Perform planned maintenance activities as scheduled by the maintenance plan.
• Identify and implement improvements to maintenance processes.
• Attend and repair breakdowns as needed, reporting all actions carried out and any further actions required.
• Report comprehensively on all daily/shift work activities.
• Proactively prevent equipment failures and enhance overall equipment performance by generating and implementing ideas and modifications.
Read and interpret drawings accurately when installing new equipment.
• Provide a service that meets agreed service levels, minimizing downtime and communicating effectively with relevant personnel.
• Knowledge of timber processing machines is an added advantage.
• Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
ALSO READ: Vacancy: Teachers Needed
Qualifications and Experience:
Education Qualification and Skills:
• HND/Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• Familiarity with Electricity (Public Safety) Regulation, 2018; is an added advantage, preferably with work experience in electrical machinery maintenance and installation in a high-speed, high-volume manufacturing environment (Timber processing industry).
• Proven expertise in preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, problem-solving, and continuous improvement skills.
• Demonstrated ability in diagnostic fault-finding under the pressure of production.