Fully Funded US Embassy MEPI Student Leaders Program 2024
Are you a student from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region pursuing your undergraduate or graduate studies? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to gain an educational experience in the United States of America. Take advantage of the US Embassy MEPI Student Leaders Program 2024, a fully funded program that offers numerous benefits.
The Student Leaders Program (SLP) is a yearlong initiative that provides selected students with the chance to connect with American peers, engage in community activities, and collaborate with civil society organizations.
Here are the key details of the program:
– Sponsor: U.S. Department of State’s Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI)
– Funding Type: Full scholarship
– Host Institutions: Various institutions in the United States
– Scholarship Value: Varies
– Number of Awards: Multiple
– Study Levels: Undergraduate and Graduate
– Nationality: Open to students from MENA countries
Eligibility Criteria for the US Embassy MEPI Student Leaders Program 2024:
To be eligible for this program, you must meet the following criteria:
– Citizenship: You must be a citizen of one of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Israel, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Qatar, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank and Gaza, or Yemen.
– Residence: You should currently reside in your home country, except for Syrian and Yemeni applicants.
– Third-Country Nationals: Except for Syrian and Yemeni applicants, you should not hold citizenship from a country other than your home country.
– Commitment to Home Country: You must be committed to returning to or remaining in your home country/community after completing the program.
– Academic Enrollment: You must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate university program in your home country. Recent graduates (within 6 months) of an undergraduate program are also eligible.
– Academic Achievement: You should have a strong academic record.
– Leadership and Civic Engagement: You must demonstrate a commitment to leadership and civic engagement in your community.
– Climate Change and Environmental Commitment: You should show a strong dedication to addressing climate change and environmental issues in your community. Additionally, 2024-2025 Student Leaders must have a climate change/environmental protection Civic Engagement Project (CEP).
– English Proficiency: You should have a high level of English-language proficiency to participate in academic classes conducted in English at U.S. universities.
– Program Participation: You must be able to fully engage in the Student Leaders Program, including an intensive summer program tentatively scheduled from late June 2024 to the end of July 2024.
To apply for the US Embassy MEPI Student Leaders Program, please complete the online application form by the application deadline. Ensure that you provide accurate information and submit all the required documents.
Application Deadline: December 18, 2023, at 23:59 GMT.
For more information, please visit the official website.