Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme (GOI-IES)
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2024 Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme. This initiative, funded by the Government of Ireland in collaboration with Irish higher education institutions and managed by the Higher Education Authority, aims to support high-caliber international students pursuing master’s or PhD studies in Ireland. Under this program, 60 scholarships are awarded annually for one year of full-time study at the master’s or PhD level. The program is open to applicants from any field of study.
To qualify for a Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a domicile of origin outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland/United Kingdom.
- Apply for admission to a relevant master’s or PhD program offered by an eligible higher education institution, following the institution’s admission procedures.
- Possess a conditional or final offer of admission to the higher education institution at the time of application, and submit a copy of the offer letter.
- The offer letter must confirm acceptance into a full-time program as an international fee-paying student.
Recipients of the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship will receive:
- A stipend of €10,000 for one year of full-time study at the master’s or PhD level.
- A full fee waiver for the year of the scholarship provided by the host higher education institution.
Successful scholars are expected to commence their studies in either September or October 2024.
Prospective applicants should carefully review the call documentation to determine their eligibility. An indicative version of the application form is provided for informational purposes. Applications must be submitted via the online portal, and two references are required, which should be uploaded through the online portal as well. It is recommended that candidates submit their applications well before the deadline to avoid technical issues due to heavy server traffic on the respective day. Once the deadline passes, no alterations can be made to a submitted application.
Applicants are expected to demonstrate:
- A record of outstanding academic achievement.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Evidence of participation in extracurricular activities such as humanitarian work, politics, arts, or sports.
- A strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland, indicating how a Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship aligns with their longer-term goals.
- Application Deadline: 5 pm (Irish time), 13th March 2024
- Call Outcome: Late May or early June 2024