Resource Impact Dashboard Consultant – Terms of Reference (ToRs)
Introduction and Background
A public interest organization, dedicated to promoting environmental justice, sustainable and equitable use of natural resources, democracy, and good governance in the natural resources and environment sector, is seeking a consultant’s services. The consultant will assist in developing and designing an online Resource Impact Dashboard (RID) focused on critical minerals. The RID will serve as an evidence-based policy instrument, fostering constructive dialogue among stakeholders regarding the economic, social, environmental, and institutional outcomes associated with critical minerals extraction.
Duties and Responsibilities
2. Scope of Work
2.1 Dashboard Development
- Collaborate with the organization to understand specific requirements and objectives of the Resource Impact Dashboard.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of available data sources related to critical minerals extraction in Zimbabwe and identify relevant datasets for incorporation.
- Design and develop an intuitive, user-friendly dashboard interface displaying statistical information on the critical mineral value chain’s economic, social, and environmental impacts.
- Integrate data from community surveys, government records, and company reports onto the dashboard platform.
- Implement appropriate data visualization techniques for effective stakeholder understanding.
- Ensure adherence to privacy and data protection regulations.
ALSO READ: Security Supervisors (Class 3 Riders)
2.2 Open Data Platform
- Select and configure an appropriate open data platform for secure and accessible hosting, storage, and sharing of data.
- Customize the platform to meet the Resource Impact Dashboard’s requirements, enabling collaboration among stakeholders.
- Provide necessary training and documentation to the organization’s staff for independent management post-consultancy.
2.3 Stakeholder Engagement
- Develop mechanisms within the dashboard promoting constructive dialogue and allowing stakeholder contributions.
- Incorporate features encouraging user feedback, suggestions, and data contributions for a participatory approach.
The consultant is expected to deliver:
- An operational Resource Impact Dashboard on critical minerals, meeting specified requirements and objectives.
- Documentation outlining dashboard features, functionalities, data sources, and methodologies.
- Training sessions for the organization’s staff on dashboard management.
- A comprehensive report on the development process and recommendations for future maintenance and improvement.
Qualifications and Experience
5. Competencies Required
- Proven track record in dashboard development, data visualization, and open data platforms.
- Familiarity with the mining and minerals sector, particularly critical minerals.
- Experience handling and integrating data from multiple sources.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for translating complex data into user-friendly visual representations.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, including stakeholder engagements.
How to Apply
4. To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates must submit:
- Technical and financial proposals.
- A brief resume with at least three traceable reference organizations where similar services have been provided.
- Link(s) and/or screenshot of a dashboard from previous work related to the assignment.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by the 11th of December 2023. The subject line should clearly state the title of the consultancy.