Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan is offering scholarships to international students aspiring to study for a one-year period at designated Japanese universities as Japanese Studies Students. The objective is to enhance their comprehension of the Japanese language, Japanese affairs, and Japanese culture under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Program, as outlined below.
- Applicants are generally expected to be undergraduates at foreign (non-Japanese) universities upon arrival and departure in Japan.
- Proficiency in the Japanese language is a prerequisite for receiving education at a Japanese university in Japan.
- Applicants must commit to returning to their home country by the end of the final month of the scholarship period. They should then continue studying Japanese language and culture in the undergraduate program of their home institution, where they were enrolled at the time of arrival in Japan.
- Candidates need to submit an application form, academic transcripts from their current university, and documents validating that the candidate has studied the Japanese language for a minimum of one year.
- Applicants are also required to provide a university enrollment certificate, Placement Preference Application Form, and a recommendation from the university.
The Application Form can be downloaded from: Link to Application Form