Study In Germany: Heinrich Böll Scholarships For International Students
The Heinrich Böll Foundation offers scholarships to international students who completed their university entrance qualification outside of Germany and wish to pursue a Master’s or PhD Degree in Germany.
Host Institution(s): State or state-recognized universities in Germany
Level/Field(s) of Study: The scholarships are available for Master’s or PhD Degree programs in all subjects offered at state or state-recognized universities in Germany. For EU students, Master’s Degree courses at state or state-recognized universities in Germany, Switzerland, and other EU member states are also eligible.
Number of Scholarships: Not specified.
Target Group: The scholarship program is open to international students, both EU and non-EU, who did not receive their education in Germany.
Scholarship Value/Inclusions/Duration: Masters Studies:
- Non-EU students: €934 per month plus various individual allowances, possibly health insurance; tuition fees are possible in certain cases in Germany.
- EU students: varies, max. €812 plus €300 book money per month; tuition fees are not possible in Germany but may be possible to a limited extent in other countries. The scholarship is awarded for the regular period of study and may be extended by one semester.
- Non-EU students: €1,200 per month plus €100 mobility allowance per month, plus various individual allowances; tuition fees are not possible.
- EU students: €1350 per month basic scholarship plus €100 per month research costs allowance; tuition fees are not possible in Germany but may be possible to a limited extent in other countries. The scholarship is awarded for three years as a rule (two years, extendable by up to 12 months). Eligibility: International Master students who earned their university entrance qualification outside Germany:
- You may apply before commencing your Master’s program or at any time up to the end of the first semester of the Master’s program.
- Proof of the first professional qualification must be provided.
- Required proof of German Proficiency: Level B2 or DSH 2 (with certificate). International Doctoral students who earned the university entrance qualification outside Germany:
- Proof of admission to doctoral studies by a state or state-recognized university, usually in Germany, must be included with the application.
- By the application date, preliminary work must have been completed, and a valid timetable for completion must be submitted.
- PhD subjects related to the focal points of the Foundation’s activities will be given priority.
- Required proof of German Proficiency: Level B2 or DSH 2 (with certificate).
For details on how to apply for this scholarship, visit the official website: Heinrich Böll Scholarships.